Immaculate Perceptions

Monday, September 12, 2005

Sand, Shells,Surf and ...wait a minute.... SHIT!!!!

It had been quite some time since I went to the beach. So I decided to break from my routine and spend some time with nature. The beach was alluring at twilight... the sand glittering with those last rays of the sun for the day supplemented by the rays from the light house, the shells, half-concealed in the golden sand, children flying their flamboyant kites, couples that would make good models for Fevicol ads.... Watching all this, i tread towards the shore, longing for the waves to touch my feet again and again. After indulging myself to my heart's content,I decided to make a move. I walk back admiring the kids at play and failing to notice what's in store for me... right under my... hmm.. not nose.. but foot...(I thank God on that note). My foot suddenly got stuck to the sand. Puzzled, I looked down... what is it??!! "Oh my God! Shit!!".My face squirmed and body writhed. Tears streamed down my face. Questions ran through my mind.."Can this be pernicious?" "Are there any peering glances at me?" Fortunately, there were none. How long can I be stuck like that? So, I decided to move on, donating my intricately worked and exorbitantly priced footwear to the beach. I wondered, "Why did this happen to me? Or have there been myriad of wretched victims of uncivilization?" Then,I consoled myself,"Come on Deepa... This is Marina, not Miami."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miami or Marina it is left to people to keep it clean and healthy. US citizens choose to keep it clean and Indians choose it to pass shit. It is at the end the attitude of the people towards their country which determines wheather a country is developed or third world.

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha
i found some nice meaning in it.....felt really good readin this article cuz it was not the usual way of expressin things...it showed the lighter side of life...twas written in a funny way....so thr were no hard feelings at the end....n yea rite...v ve to keep movin on even if ne shitt keeps comin n bothering our way..
cheers deeps

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home