Immaculate Perceptions

Thursday, September 15, 2005

P T C!!!

I was supposed to have a rendezvous with my friend today at 5p.m. My prudence suggested I take a bus coz my pocket money doesn't increase with the increasing petrol prices.(My dad shud earnestly consider the granting of Dearness Allowance!!)

I was fortunate enough to get one within a few mins of waiting and successful enough in infiltrating in to the already overflowing automobile. And, I was more fortunate to receive a red carpet welcome.[Courtesy: The old lady who had taken her position in the seat adjacent to the steps, displaying a disarray of discoloured teeth.]

After a few seconds of me boarding the bus and being manhandled by my fellow pasengers, I seriously wished that I hadn't be born with my olfactory organ... Thanx to the basket of almost decomposed fish and the whole lot of my co-passengers who held the handle over their heads with absolute confidence on the cleansing agents they had used in the morning.Then I realised that I shouldn't be kicking up this much of a fuss for the three bucks am paying.

But, what I couldn't tolerate was the constant call for "passing" currency and tickets. Some very genteel co-travellers even chided me for not responding to their calls. Finally, the bus reached my destination and i didn't have to make an effort to get down. I was aided by the co-get downers.[where else can u get this luxury???] After this pleasure trip [indeed... u get to witness a whole lot of entertaining stuff like woman-woman fighting, man-woman fighting , man-man fighting and a free massage] I looked at my watch... it was 5.30...
what wud have taken a mere 15 mins on my Scooty, had taken nearly an hr on this luxury lancer, thanx to the driver with a timing sense of an age old turtle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home