Immaculate Perceptions

Friday, September 23, 2005

How to ACT like an INTELLECTUAL...

If someone questioned me about a movie that was way beyond my comprehension, I'd start exhibiting my dumbness by jabbering about the costumes the actors sported, about how uncomfortable the seats were and the couple in front who had forgotten that they have a right to remain silent.

But there is this person I know...I ask him about the same movie and he'd confidently utter," Considering all the factors, I guess it was not all that bad. I inquisitively continue, "Do u think the husband is justified in disowning his wife?". He'd say," Well...(pause) I'll have to weigh both the sides before tellin anythin abt that."

Start some weird topic wid him, (that u urself quite don't understand, main motive being to confuse him), like

" Nature is really powerful. Even if we try to drift from where v r, it puts us back to where v belong."
And he goes "How profound!! Aristotle, too has professed the same. Nature rules!!"
And Me "???!!!"

I've tried so many times to confuse him, but in vain. He has an answer for everything.I used to wonder,"Can there be someone who's so intellectual?"
But not anymore...Cos i've realised that one can always pretend to b an intellectual....All u need to know are a few names like Aristotle, Socrates, Swami Vivekananda, Shakespeare and Byron. If you can get to know some more, well n good. And know phrases such as, "All things remaining equal...", "Considering the pros n cons..." and"In the light of certain events...". Another essential thing is a thoughtful pause... It makes ppl believe that u r contemplating.

As Confusious said," its easy to be an intellectual, after all!!" ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Priya said...

considering the pros and cons of ur post, i think its pretty good.. hahaha.. trying to sound "intellectual"
:D

..p..

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home