Immaculate Perceptions

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

UNTITLED

I did something today that almost everyone does, but i don't know how many of them have thought so deeply about it... may be I'm the one jobless to muse on such things n to get confused too.

I killed a cockroach today. Sounds like a confession. Yea... I didn't wanna put that rude act of mine in poetic words.

I've never conciously done such an act. I usually shove these slimy creatures off n make sure that they survive after my gigantic fingers put them in another spot. But today's intruder was singularly huge. The very sight of him (yea..."him".Mark of respect for the departed soul,purely out of guilt) turned off my stomach. My face squirmed and I didn't think for a moment before murdering him with the usual weapon our forefathers taught us to use...the broom stick.

As he lay there unmoving, something crossed my mind..."What wud b the world like if everyone starts slaughtering whomever they find disgusting?? Can we really do that? Just because these insects r mute n they don't have rebellious frnds n relatives to attack us with vendetta, we go around takin millions of lives ... I know its highly impossible to live with insects n rodents all around- one sucks ur blood, one enjoys ur cookies, another jus answered nature's call at the corner of ur room... So r v justified in killing them?

17 Comments:

Blogger saka said...

Nice narration.
Thanx for visiting my blog...

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

may the cockroach soul rest in peace..ha ha lol
jokes apart..well u made my thinking..are we really justified in killin em?

7:38 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

This thinkin will kick start so many...wat abt all the chickens, fishes...tht get killed for food ?...hmmm...either turn a blind eye or awaken the sixth sense ?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

hey iceyez... me a vegetarian. so didn't really think abt the chicken n fish.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

@game
u do wat? kill ppl or annoy ppl?? ;)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

@freak on a leash
ha ha... thanx for the last two lines!! n how can a bird flu virus get into u if u don't eat it? am very bad at biology...

6:40 PM  
Blogger Deepa said...

@freak on a leash-
hey thanx for the gyaan... it was irradiating, indeed. n thanx for that piece of info abt bird flu too.

9:06 AM  
Blogger IcEyeZ said...

Hey deepa..am veggie too ! :-) tht was jus a thought buddy !

11:27 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

@iceyez
ok, ur thought has been assimilated by me... i choose to turn a blind eye. is dat okay??

8:10 PM  
Blogger Priya said...

well.. if i start counting the number of mosquitoes n roaches ive kllled, i'd be in hell for the rest of my births and rebirths.. :)

..p..

9:24 AM  
Blogger Deepa said...

thank god... dis is the only creature i've killed conciously as of now... so i guess my path to hell is not opened as yet

12:19 AM  
Blogger Devesh Prabhu said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Devesh Prabhu said...

I was just casually browsing and saw this poem at http://www.poemsforfree.com. It just suited.


Death is nothing but a moment's rest
Until the Second Coming of the Lord
When He shall gather to Him of the best
To take them to the place of their reward.
I've felt the power of Jesus in my soul
Shining like a golden sun within,
Melting my hard heart to make me whole,
Burning out the remnants of my sin.
I've felt Him work within me, so I know
The glory that will come when I awake.
I'll sleep just like a child who'll homeward go,
And in my dreams of love great pleasure take.
So do not mourn my death, and do not grieve.
The Lord will come for me: This I believe.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Incognito said...

hi deeps, we have met before, me apar's classmate. while i was letting her know abt my blog, she was tellin me abt urs. Passed by urs and never expected Cockroach-killings :). Feels like God? But I know what you exactly mean. I guess there are too many things that can be explained.
anu

PS. Like ur "I'm small but I'm the boss' !

5:51 AM  
Blogger Devesh Prabhu said...

Ya, just saw your comment. Thanks for dropping by. But, isn't it an action out of self-awareness, and instinctive reflex that you just killed the roach by accident?

And, since you have your own remorse with you for a few more days, something tells me it will be alright.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool write up..Killing cockraoches is an art.. escpecially when they use their wings it becomes tougher.

Hope to see u in next years republic day parade for bravery awards :D..just kidding...

1:04 AM  
Blogger arun said...

hey great one yaar, i like this one very much

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home